Follow @Bre_Sherrice

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Queen Bey Strikes Again...Kinda?

So a lot of buzz is going around about Beyonce' aka Queen Bey's new cover spread in GQ's February 2013 issue. I mean here she is half naked and 60 pounds lighter, of course everyone has something to say!!

We all love Beyonce' and her curvaceous figure and her humble personality. We even love her family and the new fashionable "I haven't lost touch" HOT mom look. But overall, I have to say that I was quite disappointed with the fashion of Bey's cover look. I mean seriously, a cheap tee and a pair of panties, WHO STYLED THIS SHOOT!!! Granted, this is a men's magazine featuring a "sexiest women alive" issue, so many may argue that the absence of clothing was right on target. However, lets not forget that GQ is a fashion magazine, which means that the fashion (whether man or women) is definitely important especially for an issue like this. And it most certainly did not out shine Rihanna's December 2012 GQ Spread (the Men of the Year issue).

I mean I guess when I think of a "sexy woman" I thinking about the full package, and don't get me wrong, Beyonce's definitely got it--she's got the look, she's super talented and as I said before her body speaks for itself. I just don't think that this cover best exploited her sexiness. I feel she should have been under clothed in something more chic and edgy like a hot fashionable teasingly-opened trench, cute high-fashioned jacket or even take it as far as a tasteful lingerie set. SHE'S THE QUEEN, DO HER JUSTICE! But hey, most men out there appeal to the simple looks of a cute tee and underwear, I just expected more.

On a better note, we absolutely congratulate her on her weight lost, just four months after dropping Baby Blu. THAT'S AMAZING!!!

Here's a quote from People magazine, last year, expressing what it was like dropping those pounds:

"I counted calories, I worked out maybe three to four times a week. I did a lot walking in the beginning and now I'm running. But I had to work my way up. I couldn't just go right from being pregnant to running...... I lost most of my weight from breast-feeding and I encourage women to do it,” she told the magazine. “It's just so good for the baby and good for yourself.”


She also told her audience in Atlantic City;
“Y'all have no idea how hard I worked. I had to lose 60 pounds. They had me on that treadmill. I ate lettuce!”


We look forward to seeing more of her in 2013. Until then, take a look at all of the photo's from the issue and even read the interview, as GQ calls her "Miss Millennium", here. Tell me what you think (comment below)!

No comments:

Post a Comment